Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Hilltop Hong Kong Cafe




In my previous post on "VITTLES" restaurant, i had mentioned trying out the food at the Hong Kong Cafe next to it. I went there with my brother and mother last Saturday evening and the place was not very crowded. However it was full house when we finished our food an hour later. The staff were very attentive and helpful. The decor of the cafe was very simple and the prices were very economical (no service charge). We were especially impressed by the wide range of food choices.
We ordered zha jiang mian, fried dumpling, steamed dumpling, xiao long bao, fish fillet rice with cream sauce (you can change the rice to spaghetti), fried noodles and hong kong milk tea. The restuarant also provides free iced water on request. We got our food and drinks in less than 10 minutes.
I have been having frequent craving of zha jiang mian with fried dumpling since watching the Korea drama "Couple or Trouble". The main character in the drama was always eating zha jiang mian with fried dumpling and the dishes looked so appetizing hehe. I also feel that fried dumpling goes very well with zha jiang mian. I have been eating the same food 3 times last week at "The Asiana Kitchen" at Citylink and the food court near my place.







I like the Zha Jiang Mian (although it would be great if they could use dark sauce and add more sauce to the dish), Fish fillet rice and fried dumpling the most. The rest of the dishes were normal. The Xiao Long Bao pales out when compared to Crystal Jade or Ding Tai Feng. However, for the excellent service, wide choices and reasonably priced food (our total bill was about $27), i would definitely recommend this cafe to my friends. I am looking forward to trying out the other food offered by the cafe.

Add of Hilltop Hong Kong Cafe: 369 Sembawang Road #01-03/04 Sembawang Cottage Singapore 758382
Tel: 6445 5867

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan,
I would like to use parts or whole of your comments on Hilltop HK Cafe. This is for print. Is it ok?

SK
PS. I left you a comment earlier but it did not appear, so here it is again!

Janice said...

Hi Sk,

its ok to use my comments but i'm just curious where exactly you are using it for??

Anonymous said...

Hello Jan,
Thank you for allowing us to use it. Your review will be featured on a new food guide with savings called Makan Lobang. We will include a credit for your review. It will be out early April but circulated to northern part of Singapore for this issue. I could send you a copy if you like. Send us an email at info@makanlobang.com with your name and mailing address. Hope you'll find the booklet useful.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan,
Not sure if you see my reply to you yesterday?

We would like to send you a copy of Makan Lobang once it is out in early April. Could you write me an email to info@makanlobang.com. With your mailing address. Also, we will be including your blog site as credit. Thank you so much!

Janice said...

Hi SK,

i have just emailed you :>

Anonymous said...

Hello Jan,
We didn't seems to receive your email. Could you email to eudora@livewire.com.sg instead. Thank you!