Monday, October 15, 2007

Japanese Omu Rice and my recommended Korean Drama "Mr Goodbye"
































One of my favourite dish is omu rice as it contains my favourite ingredients, egg and rice :> I enjoy the Japanese omu rice at Takashimaya basement foodcourt. I have attached the picture of what i ate there and another picture of my failed attempt to cook it at home. The portion at the foodcourt is generous and there are different varieties to choose from. I enjoy just sitting there listening to my favourite music, enjoying my food and "people watch".


My friends always comment that i eat very slowly whenever we go out for meals. But it is because i wish to savour the delicious food and also to show my appreciation to the person who cooked my meals. Maybe its because i also cooks and knows that it takes time and effort to even cook a simply meal. I frequently observed the chef cooking the omu rice and the steps seems simply. However when i tried it at home, i always have difficulty covering my fried rice with the omelette. Hehe maybe its because my frying pan is not suitable or i just cannot grasp the method of flicking the omelette to cover the rice. However i would keep trying and i believe i would be able to perfect the art of cooking omu rice soon.





At home, i enjoy eating while watching tv. I am a huge korea and Japanese drama fan. I have just finished watching a korea drama "Mr Goodbye" and would like to recommend the drama to friends who also like watching korea drama. "Mr Goodbye" is a very touching show and makes one appreciates life more.


In the drama, Yoon Hyun Suh (Ahn Jae Wook), adopted when he was young, became a successful hotelier in USA managing big hotels in LA. He has a gay adopted brother, and through him, met Choi Young In (Lee Bo Young), a sassy girl who won a trip to US but broke off from her boyfriend. Hyun Suh left US for Korea to take over another hotel, and coincidentally sat beside Young Inn on the plane. During the flight, he sudddenly developed chest pains (as he has a heart ailment) and with Young In's pleas, the plane turned around and returned to LA to allow Hyun Suh to be treated.


When back in Korea, Hyun Suh gave Young In a concierge job in his hotel in return for her help on the plane. As Hyun Suh and Young In slowly fell in love, the story became complicated when Hyun Suh's good friend, Kang Soo Jin, revealed that her son is technically his, because she had secretly used his donated sperm to conceived. In addition, Kyle (Hyun Suh's subordinate in the LA hotel who followed him back to Korea) revealed that he is the son of hotelier whom Hyun Suh had acquired the hotel from, and is back for a vengeance.


Kyle also likes Young In, but Young In firmly loved Hyun Suh. (This is the part that i like best as i admires Young In's persistence in loving Hyun Suh and being true to her heart. It was also very sweet watching the process of them falling in love) The climax is when Hyun Suh's heart ailment worsened and he went for an operation secretly to prevent Young In from worrying. After operation, Hyun Suh spent his last moments with the 2 persons he loved most in his life: Young In and his son. I normally hate dramas with sad endings but in this drama, the ending is very touching and it feels as if after experiencing true love and learning how to love someone other than himself, Hyun Suh had not lived in vain. I also enjoy watching Ahn Jae Wook's acting as he is a great actor and had portrayed the role of Hyun Suh well.

No comments: