Saturday, October 13, 2007

"VITTLES": Great food and value for money :>





I decided to start this blog so that i can share my love for eating and other hobbies with friends. I am not a great food critic but just someone who enjoys and appreciates good and value for money food. I just went to a nice restaurant "VITTLES"at Sembawang Road yesterday with my family. The selling point of the restaurant was the free popcorns given to diners. My brother loves popcorns so he kept pestering us to go to there hehe. I heard from him that it has just opened few months ago and business was quite good although the location was abit ulu. Unless you stay around yishun or sembwang or you drive, you may find it quite difficult to locate the place.


The place was very cosy and i ordered a breaded fish ($6.90). My hubby ordered the chef's recommendation, Parmesan Dory Fillet ($7.90), my mum ordered the Cajun Spiced Chicken ($7.90)and my brother ordered the Moo Moo IT Burger ($10.90). I like the idea that diners can choose their 2 side dishes and there are quite a variety to choose from... (i especially like the potato salad, cheese pasta). There is no service charge and iced water are given. The portion of the food was also quite big. The Parmesan Dory Fillet and the Moo Moo IT Burger (beef steak with bacon and mushroom, yummy :> ) tasted the best and i would definitely order it the next time! Diners can also add $3.90 for the soup of the day and a drink.


The only minus point was the service, our food took about 45 minutes and the waitress had initially forgotten to serve our soup. We got our food after some friendly reminders to the waitress. She did apologise for the wait though and there was indeed lots of diner. So i'm willing to omit the service lapse for the great and value for money food. Hopefully the service would improve on our next visit. There is a hongkong cafe next door and i would definitely try it the next time. It feels as if the shophouses in Sembawang Road are turning to a foodie paradise hehe.



Add of VITTLES: 369 Sembawang Road #01-05 Singapore 758382, Tel: 67561138

No comments: