Friday, August 5, 2011

Japanese Drama - Hotaru no Hikari Gets A Movie Adaptation!!!

I found this great piece of news online at http://www.tokyohive.com/2011/08/hotaru-no-hikari-gets-a-movie-adaptation/ and this is for all fans of popular Japanese drama "Hotaru no Hikari" and i'm so happy to share that this drama which is one of my most favorite Japanese drama is going to get a movie adaptation!!! I'm crazy about the drama and have both its Season 1 and 2 DVD sets and was hoping to see how married life would be like for my favorite characters Amemiya (Ayase Haruka) and Takano (Fujiki Naohito) in the drama and am pleasantly surprised that my wish has come true :) I can't wait to see the movie when it is out! Read more about it below:

20110804_hotarunohikari_movie

It’s been revealed that the drama series, “Hotaru no Hikari“, will be getting a movie adaptation!

“Hotaru no Hikari” first aired in 2007 and was based on Hiura Satoru’s popular manga. Actress Ayase Haruka had played the role of a ‘himono onna‘ named ‘Amemiya Hotaru’, who would rather stay at home and sleep than fall in love. She’s the perfect office lady while at work, but at home, she lounges about in her jersey while drinking beer. Amemiya’s love interest and boss, ‘Director Takano‘ was played by the actor Fujiki Naohito. At the time, “Hotaru no Hikari” received an average viewer rating of 13.7%, with the highest being 17.3%.

Amemiya and Takano got married in the drama’s sequel, which aired in July of last year. This gained even more fans, and set a record with the average rating of 15.5%.

This upcoming movie takes place two years later, when Amemiya decides to go on a honeymoon in Rome after hearing Takano’s dream of “spending the holidays in Rome with the person I love.

When I first heard about the movie adaptation, I was surprised! But I am looking forward to arguing with ‘buchou’ in Italy. I will do my best to produce a good movie that many people can laugh at,” expressed Ayase.

Fujiki also commented, “I was skeptical when I first heard of the movie adaptation. To have a heartwarming drama that takes place on a porch, I still can’t believe it. I have an attachment to the drama, so I am looking forward to playing ‘buchou’ again.


No comments: