Monday, May 13, 2013

Review of MENTHOLATUM Deep Moist

Screen_shot_2013_04_24_at_PM_02.57.31


Another useful drugstore brand beauty product that i would like to share with readers of my blog is the Mentholatum ultra hydrating lip balm with hyaluronic acid which is made in Japan. I used to be a lip balm user but switched to using Ettusais lip essence several years ago as i love that it helps to keep my lip well moisturized and glossy looking without the need to apply a separate lip gloss when i go out. I always have a tube in my makeup pouch whenever i'm outside. I received a tube of MENTHOLATUM ultra hydrating lip balm for review recently and decided to give lip balm a try again last week. Read on for more information about the product and my review.

Photo 11-5-13 12 11 29 PM

More information about the product



Photo 11-5-13 12 11 37 PM

For those who are not familiar with this product, Deep Moist was launched in 2008 in Japan and has seen tremendous success and popularity there. It quickly became top selling lip balms in Japan’s lip care market. This strengthened Mentholatum Lip Balm Brand leadership as the #1 Top Selling Lip Balm brand in Japan* (2006 to 2009). 

The success of Deep Moist is due to 2 main factors, its premium hydrating ingredients at value pricing, and its elegant, ergonomic packaging designThe key moisturizing ingredients in Deep Moist lip balms are Hyaluronic Acid, a premium ingredient that forms a smooth, moisture locking shield for softer, smoother lips. It can hold 1000X its weight in water, or 6 litres of water with just 1g. Shea Butter heals the skin, and gives a soft, pleasant texture to the lip balm. Jojoba Oil gives pro-longed, whole day hydration to the lips.

My Review


Photo 11-5-13 12 12 33 PM

I bought several tubes of Mentholatum lip balm while i was in Tokyo years ago and it was really effective in helping my lip to stay well moisturized. I gave the lip balm a try again last week and am happy to share that it is still as effective at keeping my lip well moisturized and i usually reapply after every few hours. I  love that it is fragrance free and does not feel sticky or oily on my lip. Application is really easy due to its design and i like its simple and lightweight packaging. It is also much cheaper than my Ettusais lip essence and i would most likely repurchase it again so that i can use it at home :) Do give it a try too and give your lips some pampering ;) You can find the product at Watsons stores.

No comments: